🎄Christmastime in Milan is launched!🎄 .
We have here kind of official date,7th and 8th of December. .
7th because is Festa di Sant'Ambrogio, a patron of the city and this means a day off and " oh bej! Oh bej! Mercatino" , a traditional milanese market. .
8th is l'Immacolata, a religious holiday and a day off, too. .
Having said that, these days are special for us for a couple of reasons.
1. Christmas period is officially launched as a Xmas tree and decorations are installed.
2. Xmas markets are opened! When I moved here, was surprised by how many people do their Christmas shopping here.
3. Two days off are not bad at all even of you are not a religious person.
4. La scala is opening its season , this year with Tosca by Puccini. So, if you're hanging around and feel like culture thirsty, here is my suggestion.
5. 8th is my partner's birthday, shall I count it in,too, please? .
Are there any special dates regarding Christmas in your country? When do you start feeling christmassy? .